Monday, January 31, 2011

Guardian Weekend/ Your Pictures, theme: LOSS

I had a nice surprise this weekend when I was informed that one of my photos was in the Guardian Weekend magazine.
I don't usually enter my pics in these things but a couple of weeks when i saw the theme; Loss, I thought I would give it a go.

The image shown (bottom right) is from my 'Memories' series, a selection of images taken in my Grandparents house before and after they passed away. This particular photo was taken just before it sold. Having spent the formative years of my childhood in this house, it was quite an emotional experience and the sense of loss was huge.
When I look at any of the images from this series, I can smell the way it was.

To see more images from this series, visit my website: www.alexgracephoto.com


No comments:

Post a Comment