Friday, January 27, 2012

Jill Greenberg's new exhibit 'Commentary And Dissent'

Renowned and amazing US photographer Jill Greenberg has a new and particularly challenging exhibit at the Katherine Cone Gallery in LA.

I worked on some of these shoots with Jill whilst I lived in LA, images below, and was at the same time surprised and not surprised to see the images exhibited.

It is worth noting that these events happened and were not created in post production (although the images have been heavily worked on in post).

I was disturbed by some of the goings on and people on the shoot day. The lengths that some people will go to (for what and why? to be funny? because they are unstable? is it a fetish?- why is the unanswered question) pushed my boundaries too far and I was uneasy helping with the job.
But I guess that is what Jill wanted to do and now she is challenging an audience to look at these images and pass comment on what she says is 'people behaving like animals'.


No comments:

Post a Comment