Friday, May 11, 2012

This Dream Still Runs. My first ever handmade book

My very first book.

Inspired by making my Memories book into a video, I dug out my very first book project. There will be more to follow, I am going through the archives.

This Dream Still Runs was 1 in an edition of 2 and is more like an Artist's Proof. Edition 2 was a lot more polished/ tidier but sadly Edition 2 no longer exists so this is the only one remaining.

I made 'This Dream Still Runs' while still a student.
I had been away for the Summer and fallen madly and deeply in love whilst working in Italy. I was lost on my return and was yearning to be back there.

My Photography tutor (the renowned John Blakemore) called this book 'photo therapy'.

Another nice thing about this book is that is a concertina. You can't really see that in the video but it opens out into one long strip so all the photos become one long adjoined sequence or storyboard. I LOVE concertina books.....you can't get those from Blurb!

No comments:

Post a Comment